17 Feb 2008

Ne-ga-tiv-ity

I passion fully hate negative people, this state of negativity in every word they say, in the way they say it, and in the purpose of saying it…
This defensive wall against falling, against facing the rights taken from them by themselves or others… the weak attitude that even if it broke down in a million pieces they stick by it whining and crying.
Those people who are trying to suck every hope out of your spirit, paralyze you with assuming that this is how things are and how things should be.
Yes people…. I can apply a change
Yes people…. I believe in my and every one’s Syria
No people….. I am not and will never get used to be comfortably dead
No people…. I wont lose the vision of my Syria
No people…. You may live in your “acceptance”… I wont.

5 comments:

Ihsan said...

There is a very thin line between negativity and realism...when we talk about Syria....

Anonymous said...

let me guess, some people had given feedback about your "unrealistic" and "pointless" and "useless" participation of GxChange?

Tell you what I think, Syria and the world will change, whether now or later, we better be part of it either ways, rather than being passive, while in the same time not getting too dreamy :)

Congrats for the Gxchange.

Dania said...

Ihasan,

When it comes to fighting for our rights, when it comes to dignity and to our homeland’s future accepting reality means submission to a worse reality and the hole will just get deeper and bigger…
We have two ways…
Accepting the acceptance and crying about the ongoing situation
Or refusing it and trying to fill the hole one step by another
If our people accepted the French occupation as a reality we wouldn’t get our independence and so is with every timeline in the Syrian history

We need to believe in our country

Anonymous,

Well, you got that right!
Plus a depressing meeting with old friends who’ve lost their hope and their willing to change, I have heard “ didn’t you get used to it?” Like a million times…
But I kept solid ;)

And we being part of the change can determine what kind of change that will be.
Thank you for the encouraging.

Anonymous said...

I think I still owe an explanation, see, I believe in change, but I don't believe that it will happen because of me. Maybe I read the wrong books, but I learned that all the huge "liberation movements" didn't happen because of the will of the people, only.
Personally, I no longer believe in Syria, or the land, or the people who I always believed in. I only believe in change and that it will happen, and therefore take "careful" steps so I can be part of it, hoping, and really hoping, that it will happen the ways it's best for the people and the land.

I still admire your passion, the only thing that makes you and I similar is refusing acceptance. When a whole nation gets used to a way of life that I would really call "wrong" and "unstable", then bye bye California, but there must always has to be people trying to wake others up :)


Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Keep the spirit up :)

And do let us on what's going on, ok :) ?