15 Feb 2008

Global Xchange (Glasgow - Aleppo)

I believe that most of our problems in the world are the likely results of lack of global communications and compassion.
Politicians ruined our world rather than built it… and we are obliged to fix it.

I am so excited…
I will work as a full time volunteer for three months in Glasgow (Uk) and three in Aleppo
I will live with a British Partner from the team and with host families who where kind enough to take two strangers in their homes in both cities.
I’ll be introduced to a new culture to live and experience and to express my culture and my Syria in the best way – I hope-
And the best part is that I’ll work with my multi-cultured team in building and helping communities and organizations that vary from small to big but all with one goal, to make the city a better place and so the world a better place to live in.
I will learn the best way to fund rising, spreading awareness, work on what societies need in both cities.
Organizing events with the Global citizen days that will give a closer look to my and other cultures.

I may be over excited for this activity, and many people around told me to rethink it, they are 6 months with the minimum allowance and poor communications with friends and family at home.
But what make this exceptional that I’ll work on things I believe in – which stood a big setback for me to accept working in relatively big companies here- I hate suits and high heels careers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you’ll make it!
When will you start the prog?

Anonymous said...

Ya salam :)! Good luck Dania this sounds like a good start to put out your efforts :)

Really good luck!

Dania said...

Thank you so much Hasan, it is really a great opportunity for me to gain all that experience.

Joe, thank you… I don’t really know exactly but probably I will fly to London on 24th March and the training will start on next week… by the way, good luck with your journey ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi
I'm going there but i Know nothing
can you help me?
this is my e- mail

will I be able to go outside of the host home?
Internet connections ?
Please help me as soon as possible
what do you advise me?

rashooosh6@hotmail.com