19 Sept 2008

Conspiracy Theory (critisizing!)

As a reply of the comments that criticized my previous post


"the conspiracy theory"" that was an expression of feelings. I follow the policy of not editing my post or deleting comments.
This was my reply to wassim critisizing me not offereing an alternative or analyzing to the frustiration I was feeling when writing the post:
" Wassim, my problem with this way of thinking is that it enforces the mentality of submition due to such religious "sayings".
I think the problem is bigger than this, the problem is with the way religion is used in this humilating way to control the minds of simple people who are searching for any relief, any thing that helps them to stand this unjust and the best way is by telling them that this is God's will… great drug to make them submit to the reality.
Religoius leaders use these " methods" consciously and unconsciously as they are victims as well to the weak structure of the society that is framed by religion; religions in general are so open to the elements of rumors, lies and theories and when that keep in the way the individual is living his life that is something but when it is used to encourage people to be isolated from the world and encourage the fear of the other and paranoia and enforce the submission mentality that is when I should not keep silent."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dania, I kind of disappointed from your response. When I stood for you, it was not personal or even for the ideas, it was for the simple thought that personal blogging is those emotions and feeling we script and write on that blog. It is not truth or analytical, it is not right or wrong, it is you in that moment of time. Writing an article or writing an analytical in social study is something different. Your audience here is the people who appreciate the way you feel. Personal blog is defined as: an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life or works of art. Blogging can have a sentimental quality.

What ever the thoughts on your posts are, no one has the right to tell you what do or you should have done in any situation. Any commentator, have only the right to ask you or suggest to you to do something different. Not to tell you, insult you and criticize you without permission for what you said. Later on when someone comes to your support, he rudely said: no one steps on your toe.

When you posted your post of how you think of some people who resort to holly books to find solutions for everyday life events which could be legit for some and not so for others. You would find some who agree and some who disagree. But none of them has the right to tell what to do. That is why I suggested deleting the comment which does not recognize your space and your feeling on the blog. But you came back to defend your ideas for someone who did not ask for explanation or suggest new ideas, but to someone who think that the world should rotate around him and his ideas and around what he feel, and as he norm and everyone else is nil. People who discount other people thoughts do not deserve to respond to.

Dania said...

I totally agree with you, blogging is my special moment and personal space, but what I did is I tried to deliver ideas. The blogger must have the ultimate freedom of even cursing God in his blog and not giving any explianation, but I wanted beside expressing feelings, I wanted to deliver an idea in this issue itself, regardless of the comments I felt that I wanted to express why this thing make me feel sick and angry. I didn't do it as a respond rather than delivering thoughts that occurred to me on why I felt angry, and I have all the freedom to.
I really appreciate your comment, so thank you