24 Oct 2008

Boycotting Nestlé alone

A new decision...
we all heard about the Nestlé's Unethical Marketing policies , I was refusing to research it because I was too selfish and didn’t want to feel the guilt.
But now after reading the research my friend did on the Ethical Consumer and the horrible unethical marketing means that Nestlé launches in the poor parts of the world for its babies' milk products causing the deaths of hundreds of infants for the sake of increasing profit and keep selling, I will say... NO FOR Nestlé, what so ever…

Nestlé is using the ignorance of African women who were not fortune enough to have any health education, forcing these moms into using water that could not be clean enough for the babies who didn’t develop immunity toward the pollution in the water… the moms think that the infant formula of the milk that is produced by Nestlé is better for their babies, with medical staff being bribed by money or so by the Nestlé sales agents , plus with the clinic getting all these free samples from the company, which they give it back in their turn to those moms who will keep using the samples till their breast milk will be dried… that will get these mothers to work soon, the work that they need it much to feed their family in their poor villages.
Thousands of infants died from diseases, diarrhea that is caused by poor nourishment and ill immunity that is caused by not having breast milk.
After knowing all that, how would I ever make a coffee with Nestlé trademark on it??

I know we don’t have fair trade -and actually I don’t trust fair trade's organizations like the co-operatives stuff- and we don’t have awareness into promoting for becoming ethical customers, we don’t have Oxfam in here, some of my friends and family will laugh at me and call me idealistic even after I explain why, I can care less... I will do what I can for now

I will give away my perfect Nescafe minutes, I don’t give a damn care...
All the chocolate products they make... what the heck, there are better taste chocolates out there.
There will always be alternatives, maybe better alternatives with less marketing aggression.

One less customer in Syria will not have any impact over this huge company, but I will not be part of this disgusting consuming blood sucking company.

please research this, and think about it

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go girl, I am proud of you.
But I think you are the only Syrian who is boycotting nestle products!

MJ said...

i thought nestle stopped doing that? i was actually reading a book today that was gave this as an example.. interesting..

Dania said...

Anonymous, now we are 3 ;).. actually the other 2 are Europeans staying in Syria but still... i am not alone.

Jabz, first of all welcome to nt blog.
they didn't stop doing so and there are reports made by UNICEF and other organizations that show that Nestle kept its unethical marketing actions in Bangladish and other parts of the world