15 Sept 2009

Blogging week against the inferior looks to stray cats -أسبوع التدوين ضد النظرات الدونية للقطط الشاردة

Launched by Abufares, the new blogging week is spreading creatively and brilliantly among fellow Anglo bloggers. As I am going through a create-less uninspiring week, all I can think of lately is the way we “Humans” who are so selfish, egotistic and insecure look down at straight cats.

Cats do have feelings and they do have dreams, ambitions, fears, maybe different from ours but that doesn’t make them less significant. That is something we must consider whenever we pass by a cat.

Once, I was heading to work, feeling so sick and was having a severe headache... in a desperate move I pushed my hand into my big bag trying to reach my mini-pharmacy in hope to make the pain go away, a cat was looking at me with an attitude, I didn’t pay much attention to him/her and I just walked passed him/her. She walked beside me for a minute and then stopped. She gave me a sympathetic look that I’ll never ever forget.

Cats do have personalities, so, whenever you are passing by them don’t underestimate their existence and don’t you ever think that your existence is more important than theirs; I don’t care about your reasons or logic. Cats deserve the look of respect.

That is one thing. Something else that really annoys me is when people use the word “animal” in order to show anger or irritation toward someone. That is so unfair to animals.

Let’s take those assholes for example; do you really think that calling them animals is fair to animals? Animals will never be so stupid and arrogant, call those assholes, jerks, idiots, fucked up – sick- robots –that might be a bit unfair to robots too- but anyway, do not call them animals.

Animals and cats precisely deserve our respect for minding their own business and for their struggling to exist without trying to end other’s existence, if only we can learn from these morals...

12 comments:

razan said...

I couldn't agree more.

Abufares said...

I really love this post.
This is what it's all about, this week. We all have our likes and dislikes and it's so refreshing to hear each other out.
I, too, love cats. This is not accurate enough. I love animals, all of them, except cockroaches and hyenas. Hate me for this but I can't bring myself not to wish them total extinction:-)

Unknown said...

You have just won my best-read-in-less-than-2-minutes-post award!

I, just like Abu Fares, love all animals and cats in particular but I have never looked at them the way you just did. We always look down on animals, whether it is pity, disgust or that sense of specie superiority. It was one of the main reason I turned veggie!

Good post! Let me dig the others :)

Ramy.

KJ said...

Stray cats must be collected and sold to the nearest cat collector!

jk

There is no life on the road if it were not for stray cats. They kill the mice, eat the roaches, and clean up all the garbage and pests from the neighborhood. And people stare and shoo them away!

And we turned them cats to funny humorous captions! (google LoLCats)

Gabriela said...

What a delicate way of saying it. I loved this post. And I can imagine how you felt when that cat gave you the look.
i guess I'll be taking a look into your blog.
¡Saludos desde Lima!

Fantasia Lillith said...

I have 4 house cats ... but I have been known to stop and say hello to a stray. Fact is I love animals. I loved this post.

Dania said...

@Razan, glad you do :)

Dania said...

@abufares,
if cockroaches were beautiful and fluffy you would love them, won't you? ;)

Dania said...

@Restless in Dubai,

Thank you a lot! the best-read-in-less-than-2-minutes-post award means alot to me...!

Dania said...

@KJ,
see?.. plus, they have secret meetings at night and they decide on stratigies to save the world. :)

Dania said...

@Gabriela,
thanks a lot, your visit and words made me really happy. Please come here more often ;)

Dania said...

@Fantasia,
and I love your comment. 4 cats...! Brilliant!
I used to have a cat which died after a horrible accidant. since then I was always afraid to be emotionally connected with a pet. it were difficult times!