21 Jan 2008

A great start of the morning

Wake up at 5, brush your teeth, put sweats on and go jogging for one hour…
Go home, have a shower and head to work, college, or what ever you have to do.

I am not a morning person… my mornings usually give the people who live with me the creep… bad mood, unwilling to talk till finishing coffee and with the last sip is when I wake up and be back to normal.

I am not an “athletic” person, in fact, I never lasted in a gym or a team more than few months (caused my high school basket team a big lost in the finals when I missed the last shot)

But yet
I had to change the way I feel in the morning..
I wanted to go biking but there are no places for bickers here in Damascus…
So I chose jogging… and it was GREAT!!
I can start with a million reason why jogging is good to your health, but I don’t care… all I care is that I felt good… relaxed… awake… and with no guilt of having a chocolate croissant with my coffee ;)


Cheers all

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The very first thing I bought when I moved to Beirut, was a bike.
There's no place for FEMALE bikers in Damascus, that's why I had to wait to Summers to bike in Latakia. People go to Latakia to swim, I go to bike, how pathetic.
It's a revolution, if women bike in areas like Damascus, Aleppo, Homs or Hama.

Anonymous said...

It's not that bad Raz. In my place of residence it's not a problem of women biking, but the streets are not meant to be for human-nor car- use. Basically a hole is there between each two holes, ironically enough it's a place where you could think to be a rich area.
Maybe if there was a better economy, there would have been better "streets", better living standards >>> better people.

Dania said...

Razan,

yes it is bizarre to witness a female bicker in the city, but for me and many bickers the problem is that we have no streets that support this sport or even spot clubs or public squares.
Many girls including me wont care or mind to bike in spit of public disapproval if we found a place to bike without being threatened by stupid drivers or walkers.

the great thing I loved with the FTW that it was provoked by the idea of "women are not allowed socially to bike in most of the middle east".

bring your bike to Damascus, we can figure out a place to practice this sport :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to know there’s still active people here

keep being full of life

Anonymous said...

Hi Dania

I was surprised to know that there is no place in whole Damascus to bike. The picture I have from the media that you live in secular country with a secular president who rides a bike and his wife was in a team race across the country?

Dania said...

No anonymous,
We are not a secular country… yet
But we are a society that is rising and trying hard to rise above all sectarian issues.

Now when it comes to biking, the team you are talking about is the FTW – that I will join this summer-, and the roads when the biking trip begins are secured and prepared for the bikers.
But otherwise, in the normal conditions… no place to bick.