11 Feb 2008

Syrian History

Today I was surfing a Syrian website that cares about documenting the Syrian history… and I realized how uneducated I was when it comes to my history.
I don’t know about you, but as I remember that our history education in our educational system never emphasize the Syrian history rather than the Arabian history…
How many critical characters in our political history we’ve missed learning about, some of them are really worthy to explore and visualize their visions about Syria…

Any how, here is the website Syrian History.
Not very detailed but rich with old documents and pictures, like this very interesting letter from Prime Minister Faris al-Khury, who was attending the United Nations General Assembly in New York, to Nabih al-Azma, congratulating him on launching a new political party in Syria. The letter was written from Hotel Mcalpin in New York on March 7, 1947.

No comments: